Wednesday, 13 April 2011

Anna and Bean's Wonderful Winter Wonderland

Hey everyone, I wanted to share a wonderful wedding with you from last year. Its been on several blogs already, namely Love My Dress - who was lucky enough to blog it - and Emma Case who captured every gorgeous detail on camera. I'm sure its been featured on numerous other blogs too but I can't name you all lovelies. Anna and Bean's wedding was like a dream – so romantic, so relaxed and full of fun. Not to mention that it was also dripping with chic, retro cool and elegance. There's so much I want to write about this wedding, but I'm just not sure I have the words to do it justice. So for now I'm going to let the pictures do the talking. Anna and Bean – thank you for letting me be a part of your wonderful wedding. It was the best wedding ever!


Anna chose beautiful peony style roses mixed with deep pink scented garden roses from the Real Flower Company. We added dusty grey senecio to her bouquet to bring out a soft, wintery feel, and to tie in with the bridesmaids' dresses. Anna gave me a sweet little locket to attach to the handle of her bouquet, which was bound with soft, grey velvet ribbon.



Anna's bridesmaids each carried a posy of anemones in a deep fuschia colour, which we tied with the same gorgeous ribbon as Anna's flowers.






I had so much fun designing the venue decorations with Anna. She had so many great ideas it was difficult to decide what to do. One of my favourite parts was hanging hundreds of purple orchids above the aisle in long lines. A close second favourite were the sweet little trophy cups filled with carnations, roses and anemones which I placed at intervals in the centre of the long tables. We also filled retro vases with snap dragons and irises for some height on the tables.




I was so lucky to be included in Anna and Bean's big day, and to get to work alongside lovely ladies Emma Case, Elbie Van Eeden and Lula Duggan – they were all wonderful, go check them out! If you haven't already read about the rest of the details go and have a look on Love My Dress and Emma's blog too. Thanks to Emma for providing the beautiful images and extra special thanks to Anna and Bean for inviting me, letting me stay and then helping to push my car out through the snow the next morning!

Wednesday love, Sophie xxx

5 comments:

  1. Your flower designs are just heavenly lady! I can't wait to work with you xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love looking at your photos, the flowers are perfect, and peony and anemone are real favourites of ours...we've always wanted to open a peony shop! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are just too nice. I'm so glad you got snowed in and got to share the joy. Yes to the guitar hero antics!

    You are a star.

    Thank you, from the bottom of my heart. (Please come and live in London so we can play).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely wedding and exquisite flowers! I especially love the way you tied the ribbon, I've never seen that done before, and I'll keep it in mind!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely wedding flowers are there. I really enjoyed your blog. Thank you for sharing your love moments with us here.
    dean graziosi

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...