Tuesday, 3 August 2010

Three special weddings - Part II

So, its a little later than I'd planned for, but I finally got around to writing the second post in this series of three. This wedding was so much fun to do, Raquel and Ross had loads of good ideas about what they wanted, and came up with things I didn't expect, like a monogram letter R, as it represents both their initials. They had also spent some time collecting mismatched antique tea pots and milk jugs, each of which held a tiny posy of flowers, and they had the sweetest little Victorian glass ink wells, all slightly different from each other.

I was really excited about the flowers for this wedding as Raquel wanted to include succulents in her bouquet, which I've been wanting to do for an age! She also wanted big soft fluffy peonies, gerbera daisies and yellow billy buttons (craspedia), and we used "lemonade" and "lydia" spray roses - the latter sharing the name of Raquel's mum.

Raquel and Ross were married at Pollok House and had their reception at Brodies in the centre of Glasgow, as both venues had the low key and relaxed, yet romantic and offbeat vibe they wanted for their wedding. Photographs all by the lovely, talented and generally spiffing Lillian and Leonard!

Close up of the bride's and bridesmaid's bouquets.

Raquel's bouquet.


Tea pot table decoration.

Tea pots and ink wells.

Long and low arrangement for the top table.



Mother of the bride's gerbera wrist corsage.

Ink wells with sweet peas.

Raquel and Ross's letter R wall decoration.

2 comments:

  1. Again, absolutely lovely (I especially like the eucalyptus and succulents)! Cara mentioned this wedding I think when I posted about my upcoming Alice tea party one -I'm sending this to the bride immediately!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi... that was great stuff.. I really like reading on this subject  Could you tell me more on that... I love to explore. 

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...